Tuesday 1 September 2009

Why We Buy: The Science Of Shopping by Paco Underhill

I read the book because of the title. I'm kind of interested in how we tick. This was not about why we buy however, but about how stores position things so that you might want to buy them, a marketers perspective on the retail store if you will. And it was interesting for the most part, but it was only a passing fancy interesting, not a stop what you're doing and read this book interesting. Things like who shopped with who was taken into consideration and a hypothesis on how to merchandise or where to put the store was given accordingly. Pretty much the whole book right there. OK I might be simplifying, but still, this book could've been a lot more, or I was expecting a lot more than what was given, so it was a disappointment I suppose. Still, I think it should be read, even if it's only bathroom reading, because there is definitely something to be taken away from the book. Nothing ground breaking, but something none the less.


No comments:

Post a Comment