Thursday 16 July 2009

A Dirty Job: A Novel by Christopher Moore

This was a good book. I rarely laugh out loud while reading but this book is really funny, if you have issues about showing emotions in public read this book at home. The concept was interesting and told in an easily readable way. Though the plot was predictable, I didn't mind knowing what was going to happen as I read because the way the author writes... I don't want to say makes you feel like you don't know, but I guess knowing doesn't matter. The only negative comment I have about the book was that sometimes I felt like the author was trying to shock me with what he said, or the emotions in a certain passage seemed fabricated or covered by a smugness or disdain, but this was a faint undertone and isn't really representative of the book on the whole. It was a good book, my first by him, but it wont be the last. I recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment