Wednesday 15 July 2009

A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

This was a great book. I read it a few years back but its still very memorable and it's still on my 'rainy day for when I'm not feeling so hot' rereading list. 

It's about a Jewish girl, Hadassah, and how she was sold into slavery in the time of the Roman empire. Basically the girl is fierce for her faith I guess you could say, and the story is her struggle against those who don't like her faith. She mostly charms people into liking her though, through her devotion to her faith. 

I'm more of a spiritual person rather than a religious one but the struggle Hadassah faces can transcend religion and can come to represent various troubles a person may face, and how being true to yourself will help you through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment