Friday 17 July 2009

Ravenheart: A Novel of The Rigante by David Gemmell

This is my favourite book out of the Rigante series and quite possibly my favourite book by Gemmell. The protagonist is so gutsy and without fear. He attacks problems head on and with full force and is all around a pretty strong, capable guy. I enjoyed reading about him. Something about how the story is told gives it this epic feel. I'm not too sure how to describe it, but I guess that the story has always existed and will always exist. I don't like how sometimes he substitutes swear words for mock swear words, it kind of ruins what the guy is saying, either put in an actual swear word or attack the problem a different way, but to go half way like that when the character is so full force on everything else is out of place and borderline annoying. But, this would still be one of my favourite historical fictions and I've read it more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment