Thursday 23 July 2009

People of the Earth by Kathleen O’neil Gear

 I've read a few books in this series and I'd have to say that this one's my favourites. I liked the perspectives from which the authors presented their characters. It was a kind of pensive, but not seriously so... meaning that there are little tidbits to think over every now and again but these tidbits are by no means the focus of the book, more a backdrop to the story, and they don't really inspire any intense thought, just more of a lazy sunday afternoon pondering kind of thought. If that makes sense.
 

I thought the story was well put together. There are several plot lines going on at once, which I enjoy because it gets the mind going a bit, but they all tie in to the overall story which is always nice. I liked the character Bad Belly. He was a reserved kind of guy, not for timidity but kind of for oddness. I thought him and whatever her name was made an ok couple. She could've been stronger, which bugged me at times. I read this a while back so I can't give any examples but I do recall that I wanted her to be stronger at times. Though this is so, she wasn't exactly weak. She had an inner strength, it just wasn't as powerful when confronting other people. This was a minor detail though. The plot and characters were well done and the story had a nice flow to it. Overall, worth picking up I'd say.


No comments:

Post a Comment