Wednesday 15 July 2009

Lady Cottington’s Fairy Album by Brian Froud

I simply adore this book! It was my first book by this author and it was worth every penny, and then some. 

It is a wonderful story about a young girl and her fairies. The narrator is a young girl who keeps a journal, but this girl is special in that she is constantly pestered by meddlesome faeries. She doesn't like that they bug her all the time so every so often she'll smack her journal closed on one, pressing it's image into the pages. There is a touching story in there some where, but I won't wreck it for you, you'll have to go read it. 

It's a light, fun book. It picks me up whenever I am feeling down and entertains me whenever I'm feeling bored. It is undoubtedly one of the best books I own. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment