Thursday 16 July 2009

Edward Scissorhands (1990)

I adore Edward Scissorhands. I think that it is a wonderful story that was done very well. I find that all of Tim Burton's movies have this unique quality to them that makes them fascinating to watch. 

This story is about this android like figure, Edward Scissorhands, who comes to live with this family in a cookie cutter neighbourhood that looks kind of like something out of the 50's, with a weird spin on it. At first everyone likes him because of his 'different-ness' and they all want him to cut their hair and such, but as the movie progresses people become more skeptical as to how safe he actually is. He falls in love with the girl of the family he's living with and near the end she comes to love him too. But this is all for naught because the town tries to hunt him down at the end in a frankenstein like manner, forcing Scissorhands to flee. 

I don't know if it's the acting or setting or just the mood, but what I do know is that this movie is a MUST WATCH. Every person I talk to loves this movie (or doesn't not like anyways). It's definitely something to experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment